Friday, March 5, 2010

Context Is Always Decisive

Lets face it, we have all been in that "space" of thinking or feeling "I really don't want to do this", or "This is impossible and it will never work out". I am sure you have been there, right? I know I have been there more times than I would care to admit. Have you ever noticed that when you are in that "space", or way of thinking, that things will almost always turn out just the way you say? The context of who you are "being" at that point in time will quite often dictate exactly how the outcome presents itself.

When I was a recruiter I remember taking on several searches that just seemed impossible to fill. I can remember telling myself "This is never going to happen", and then I would begin my day on that note. My research team would supply me with some great leads, and I would call every single one of them and get nowhere. It seemed as if either nobody would answer their phone (ever!), or when they did answer they just weren't interested in speaking to me about the opportunity at hand. Heck, I would even call my best bird-dogs who never let me down, and always had a hot lead, only to find out that they were too busy to speak or had nothing for me as well. My day would end in disbelief and often on a sour note. For the life of me I couldn't figure out why some searches felt so easy and why others were so difficult. Finally one day it dawned on me. Some searches are easy and some are difficult because I SAY SO! Really! It may sounds strange, but if you really think about it, it's true! A search is a search is a search. Fine, there are some searches that require talent which can be more difficult to find, but the talent is out there for us to find IF we really want to. If I start my day thinking "This is never going to happen" or "I can't possibly do this", then how else would I expect my day to turn out? The context I started my day with is "This is impossible", and surprisingly enough (NOT!) the day would end with those very same results.

Who we are "being" at any given moment, or what are thoughts are on a particular matter at hand, will have an impact on the nature of our outcome, results, or in the way we deliver our pitch. It's not magic that I am talking about, it's attitude and the foundation that we are setting for the task at hand. You have heard before that if you smile when talking on the phone to someone that your smile will be "heard" on the other end of the line. Consider that who you are "being" or the context you have set for yourself works in very much the same manner. Give it a try! There is nothing to loose and everything to gain!

A great way to build a solid foundation for success is to begin with having a recruiting tool that is built on that same foundation. From the very beginning, RecruiterBuddy was built with your success in mind. RecruiterBuddy is a completely web-based product with nothing to download and no servers to maintain. The system was built "by" recruiters "for" recruiters. RecruiterBuddy is the easiest to use system that you will ever find. We built RecruiterBuddy to simplify candidate, client, and requisition management, and to streamline the recruitment process while increasing your placements. Standard items that are included in RecruiterBuddy are the resume parser and Sleuth Tool. The Sleuth Tool will source talent outside of your database and automatically parse and import their information as a new contact record. There is really too much to say about RecruiterBuddy, but we invite you to check us out for a free demo and free trial. At $50 per user per month you can't go wrong! Learn more at www.RecruiterBuddy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to RecruiterBuddy!

RecruiterBuddy is a completely web-based CRM designed "by" recruiters "for" recruiters. RecruiterBuddy is completely customizable to each user and comes standard with the new SLEUTH TOOL that sources the internet for viable candidates and also a Resume Parser. At the low cost of $50 per user per month, RecruiterBuddy is affordable for any size firm. RecruiterBuddy does not require a long-term comittment and we offer a free trial to interested parties!